I know many of us plan units around a topic, theme, or studying a particular country so today I wanted to share with you a few resources to teach about Spain in your classroom! Just a quick note, there are so many amazing options out there, I tried to gather as many as I could, but if there’s something I’m missing, please feel free to drop a comment to help other teachers as they are planning!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click through and purchase something using my links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Spanish Teachers from Spain
Make sure you check out these amazing authors and creators to see what they have shared!
- Educando Entre Mundos
- Sra Casado
- Tapas for Two (this is also Rosa, but it’s her gifts page and her stuff is so cute you have to check it out!)
- Specialty Spanish
- The Stress Free Spanish Teacher
Readers Based in Spain
Just a head’s up – I haven’t read all of these, but I have read books by these authors that have been amazing!! The ones I have not read myself I found recommended in a Spanish teachers’ group online, from others who have used them. It’s always a good idea to preview a book before adding it to your library with your specific classroom and learners in mind!
Channels, Shorts, Movies, and Documentaries
As always, I’d recommend watching these before showing them to your students. Just because it’s a good fit for one classroom doesn’t mean it’s a perfect fit everywhere! I’ve also tried to list where they can be found now, but we know the internet is always changing on us, so hopefully if they’re not on that host any longer it might be found through a quick Google!
- Dreaming Spanish – This is an entire YouTube channel, but there are SO many good videos!
- Spanish After Hours – Also an entire channel, but she also has a ton of great options!
Here’s a few more resources you could use in your unit(s) on Spain!
- Virtual Field Trip (Spanish only // English only // Spanish and English)
- Country Report Project (Printable | Digital)
- Gallery Walk Readings & Classroom Display in Spanish & English
- Tomatina Activities and Lesson Plans
- San Jordí Lesson Plans
Resources to Teach about Spain
I hope these are helpful for you as you plan your unit on Spain! Like I mentioned in the beginning, I know there is so much to cover, so if you have a video, book, or another resource you love including, please feel free to share in a comment below so I can add it for others to see!