I know many of us plan units around a topic, theme, or studying a particular country so today I wanted to share with you a few resources to teach about Argentina in your classroom! Just a quick note, there are so many amazing options out there, I tried to gather as many as I could, but if there’s something I’m missing, please feel free to drop a comment to help other teachers as they are planning!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Readers Based in Argentina
I found these recommended in a Facebook group for Spanish teachers. It’s always a good idea to preview a book before adding it to your library with your specific classroom and learners in mind!
- La Guerra Sucia
- En busca del monstruo
- Muerte en Buenos Aires
- La ciudad de los muertos
- Javier y las monedas de oro
- Un secreto de familia
Websites and Video Resources to Teach about Argentina
As always, I’d recommend checking these before showing them to your students. Just because it’s a good fit for one classroom doesn’t mean it’s a perfect fit everywhere! I’ve also tried to list where they can be found now, but we know the internet is always changing on us, so hopefully if they’re not on that host any longer it might be found through a quick Google!
- La chacarera del Monte
- Muro de la Memoria
- Espacio memoria
- Differences in Spanish (food) Spain/Argentina (YOUTUBE)
- Yerba mate
- Una misión en Argentina – Escape Room – Shared by Pablo Martelli *Please note, Pablo shared this for free on Facebook, but if you are able to and plan on using it in your classes, please consider contributing to him here $5 or here $10
- Street Food: Argentina (available on Netflix) // viewing guide
Here’s a few more resources you could use in your unit(s) on Argentina!
- Virtual Field Trip (Spanish & English)
- Country Report Project (Printable | Digital)
- Readings and activities in Spanish & English
Resources to Teach about Argentina
I hope these are helpful for you as you plan your unit on Argentina! Like I mentioned in the beginning, I know there is so much to cover, so if you have a video, book, or another resource you love including, please feel free to share in a comment below so I can add it for others to see!