I know many of us plan units around a topic, theme, or studying a particular country so today I wanted to share with you a few resources to teach about Peru in your classroom! Just a quick note, there are so many amazing options out there, I tried to gather as many as I could, but if there’s something I’m missing, please feel free to drop a comment to help other teachers as they are planning!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Spanish Teachers from Peru
Make sure you check out these amazing authors and creators to see what they have shared!
Readers Based in Peru
Just a head’s up – I haven’t read all of these, but I have read books by some of these authors that have been amazing!! The ones I have not read myself I found recommended in a Spanish teachers’ group online, from others who have used them. It’s always a good idea to preview a book before adding it to your library with your specific classroom and learners in mind!
Websites and Video Resources to Teach about Peru
As always, I’d recommend checking these before showing them to your students. Just because it’s a good fit for one classroom doesn’t mean it’s a perfect fit everywhere! I’ve also tried to list where they can be found now, but we know the internet is always changing on us, so hopefully if they’re not on that host any longer it might be found through a quick Google!
- Arriba Perú – Daniela Darcourt, Eva Ayllón, Renata Flores, Tony Succar Youtube
- VOLVIÓ A LATIR – Milena Warthon x Chila Jatun (Video Oficial) Youtube
- Renata Flores – Francisca Pizarro /Invasión/ Youtube
- Maravilloso (Machu Picchu) por Milena Wharton (Youtube) – Resources from Kara Kane Jacobs
- Pachas en Perú – Youtube channel
- The Lucky Trivia Game: Peru – Señora Chase
- Inti Raymi Festival Coloring Pages
- Most Dangerous Ways to School – Youtube
- Most Dangerous Ways to School Activities – Quizlet Set // PDF format
Here’s a few more resources you could use in your unit(s) on Peru!
- Virtual Field Trip (Spanish & English)
- Inca | Los Incas Readings Activities and Bulletin Board in Spanish and English
- Country Report Project (Printable | Digital)
- Readings and activities in Spanish & English
Resources to Teach about Peru
I hope these are helpful for you as you plan your unit on Peru! Like I mentioned in the beginning, I know there is so much to cover, so if you have a video, book, or another resource you love including, please feel free to share in a comment below so I can add it for others to see!