Allison is a Spanish teacher on the East Coast who has a passion for her work. She also loves to write and to create products to bring authentic culture into the classroom and to make the lives of busy teachers easier. I first encountered Allison’s resources through her YouTube channel! Today, I wanted to highlight the videos and resources she has created for celebrating Afro Latinos in Spanish class.
Connect with The Cultural Classroom
Celebrating Afro Latinos in Spanish Class – Watch the Playlist
Videos in the list:
- My story | Afro-Latino Culture in the Spanish Classroom – watch as Allison shares about how she got so interested in Afro-Latino & African culture in the Spanish classroom.
- Africa in the Spanish Classroom – in this video, Allison talks about why it’s important to talk about Afro-Latino & African culture in the Spanish classroom.
- Spanish Class Mini Lesson | Afro-Latinos & Africa in Latin Music – Allison shows how you can spend just 20 minutes of a class to bring the joy, vibrancy, and education of Afro-Latino culture into the Spanish language classroom (with a little chisme on the side!).
Resources for Celebrating Afro Latinos in Spanish Class from The Cultural Classroom
- Afro-Latino Heritage Research Project
- Mini Lesson – Joe Arroyo & Laba Sosseh – grab the Google Slides from this video
- Mix Musical: Afro-Latinos #1
- Mix Musical: Afro-Latinos #2
- Check out her Teachers Pay Teachers store!