Weekend chat is one of my favorite weekly routines. I usually do it both Friday and Monday! Some days it’s nice to just do something digitally that’s a little lower key, and sometimes we need a digital option for distance learning or a virtual classroom. Here are some digital weekend chat ideas you can use in your Spanish classroom!
Virtual Weekend Chat Ideas
- Quizlet Set (Yo Forms) for Quizlet Live or independent practice
- Weekend Chat Convo Cards – You can use the digital option in breakout rooms or take turns as a whole class. Both are a great way to connect with your students!
- Google Slides – This resource has a variety of levels to suit each of your classes. Choose which prompts to use, project or share your screen and go! It will also transition back to in person very nicely.
- Break Weekend chats – Here are some more structured writing activities for summer break, Thanksgiving break, winter break, and spring break! It’s nice to have something a little more special for before or after a longer break in the school year. These come with tons of options!
- Mano o Manos game from The Engaged Spanish Classroom is a great way to encourage your students to participate in a group setting, without them having to feel uncomfortable about speaking! Students receive tons of input while they play and you can get a feel for what they were up to all weekend!
- Have students respond on Google Jamboard – This post shared by Sra.Hache has a great, simple idea you could use for weekend chat in a digital or virtual setting. This post from Profesora Delgadillo has several options and templates you could use!
- Quarantine Edition of the Weekend Chat Placemat from SraDibujo – I love her placemats for a quick reference sheet before we head out the door on Friday! This has a lot of options that are very timely – even a “I wish..” variation that is perfect for the lock down many states are in.