Are you looking for a plan to help you make it to break? Check out this one day holidays around the world lesson plan for Spanish class! It’s perfect if you have devices in your classroom, with printable and digital options for you to choose from. It’s handy just in case you have students absent, need a sub plan, or have to switch to virtual teaching!
Holidays Around the World Lesson Plan for Spanish Class: The Video
I have used this lesson with 6th-12th grade students, in exploratory, Spanish 1, and Spanish 2 classes. I have never tried a virtual field trip with elementary students, but if you teach upper elementary and have students who are very comfortable with technology, you might try it with your upper el ed students. This fit well in a 45-50 minute class period, but if your classes are much longer, you might like this plan instead!
Holidays Around the World Lesson Plan for Spanish Class
- Start of class routine – click here to learn more!
- Share link to map for them to explore – learn more about virtual field trips here
- Pass out graphic organizer or comprehension questions
- Fast finisher! Choose from Geoguessr, a list of YouTube videos, or the break writing activity
Take a Closer Look at the Virtual Field Trip
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
Fast Finisher Options
As students finish the virtual field trip at their own pace, it’s nice to have a fast finisher. Check out these options:
Need more ideas?
Check out these posts for more holiday activities for your Spanish students!
- La Navidad y Día de los Reyes Magos Stations
- Digital Holiday Activities
- Holiday Traditions in Spanish-Speaking Countries